Dewey's 24-hour read-a-thon: Update number 2


This thing is a bit late, because I got excited and felt an intense need to finish the Name of the Wind. So here it is now.

Currently reading: Just finished Name of the Wind, I’ll start Inherent Vice after the break.
Books finished: 1
Pages read: 179
Current total of pages read: 299
Amount of time spent reading: 2 hours 8 minutes
Running total of time spent reading: 5 hours 10 minutes
Reading place: Still my sofa
Challenge: Best of my reading year, which is underneath here.

Challenge hour 6
The challenge of year 6 is the best of your reading year, you pick three of the categories and type ‘em out. Anyways. These are the categories I chose, and why I love ‘em.
Best main character of your reading year: Locke Lamora from the Gentlemen Bastards series by Scott Lynch. Locke Lamora is a con artist, an actor, and a thief. He’s clever and funny and awesome! He’s an exceptional main character. I love him.
Best non-fiction book of your reading year: Electrified Sheep by Alex Boese, because I love weird science. I like science and scientists, they are amazing and incredible human beings. They look at the world and wonder how things work and then try to figure it out. Some of them are completely insane and think: “I wonder what people talk about when they think they’re alone, I know I’ll hide under their beds and find out.” For some twisted reason I love them for that. And I love that someone wrote down a book about these mavericks of science.
Best cover of your reading year: A Norwegian one, Odinsbarn by Siri Pettersen. It’s amazing!